Friday, August 25, 2017

FotoJet Designer Review

I received FotoJet Designer for Windows software for review. The software is also available online and on Mac.FotoJet is a graphic designer, collage maker, and photo editor.

I have used different editors over the years, such as Pic Monkey and Canva. I thought FotoJet software (online and Windows) had a similar look and feel to Canva. The software was easy to use.

You can create Facebook cover photos, Instagram layouts, collages, and my favorite, magazine covers.

Some areas, I strugged with. For example, You can use pre-designed templates to create designs. I had issues, at first, editing the text and photos in the templates. I had to click in the text box, multiple times, to edit the text box. For photos, I had to hold the photo over the photos in the template, until it automatically swapped out. It took a few tries and designs to figure it out.

Another issue, I had was the software froze a few times and I had to restart. I lost one design because of the freeze. I recommend saving as you make progress in your designs. You can load up projects but I wasnt sure where the projects was stored. Final saves were stored in the photos album.

Next, you can upload photos from your pc or from Facebook. You can connect your account. Fotojet pulled up a sample of my photos in each album, in no particular order. You also can share designs on social media using the app.

Other features include a built-in clip art and photo library. The app also has different shapes, fonts, and templates. The image above was created by searching for flowers in the photo library. I also used a predesigned template.

FotoJet Online

I discovered FotoJet online when I went to look up a tutorial. I saw a design on a template, I liked, and wanted to see if there was tips on how to recreate it. With the online version, you can still design and edit, but there are premium (paid) features. You can create an account to log in and play around with the designs. The premium features are marked with a crown. 

Premium features include advanced editing; the ability to save designs; access to more clipart, frames, overlays, fonts and templates. 

The subscription costs 4.99 per month or 34.99 per year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. Thank you. Stacie