Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Life is a bowl of cherries and two other reviews by Vanita Oelschlager

First, I read Life is a bowl of Cherries, in exchange for review by Vanita Oelschlager and Illustrated by Robin Hagan.





The cover of the book grabbed me at first. The book discusses silly food idioms, such as "flat as a pancake" or "the big cheese". The illustrations by Robin Hagan was amazing. I loved them. THe illustrations were colorful, graphic, funny, and comical. The book also discusses what idioms are.

Next, I read Ivan's great fall, in exchange for review from netgalley.com.



The book was presented in poetry, rhyming format. The book was illustrated by Kristin Blackwood. I loved the graphics, once again. The book showed Ivan moving from playing in the summer to heading to school in the fall. The book also provided classic poems at the end of the book, such as Casey at the Bat.

Finally, I read Ivy in bloom, in exchange for honest review from Netgalley.com.

I read Ivy in Bloom, in exchange for review from Netgalley.com. The book was based on a little girl named Ivy Van Allsberg. The graphics were excellent and colorful. The winter had dreary colors, while spring had brighter colors. The book also had poetry at the end from classic poets. I loved this book. The book also showed activities such as sledding, playing in snow, and Ivy laying in flower fields.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. Thank you. Stacie