Tuesday, December 18, 2012

I love my slow cooker


I read I love my slow cooker by Beverly LeBlanc, in exchange for review from netgalley.com. The book was published by Watkins Publishing Unlimited and Duncan Baird Publishers.

I choose the book because I love to cook, but starting to use the crock pot more. Usually, I stick to soups or meat. Slow cooking saves time and money. I can put the food in the crock pot the night before (provided no one tries to turn off the pot or eat the food) and finish it the next morning. The kiddies could be eating by noon. Also, slow cooking is a great way to tenderize meat (go ribs. cooked some fall-off-the-bone ribs the other day). I did not really know you can cook dessert in the crock pot, until I saw a show on the food network this weekend. This book had great, colorful pictures and amazing recipes. From soups to meats to veggies to entrees to desserts. Definitely keeping the book until it is archived on netgalley.

The beginning of the book discusses crock pot basics. It discusses different types of crock pots. it also discusses which crock pot to buy for different types of foods. Other topics to consider are portability, cord size, types of lids, flavors, and when to add items like beans, rice, etc.

Some recipes I liked include:

Turkey, Wild Rice, and Tomato Soup
Apple Sauce
French Roast Lemon Thyme Chicken
Almond Creme Caramel
Lemon Pudding
Bread Pudding
Rice Pudding

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. Thank you. Stacie