Monday, October 8, 2012

Headache 2.0

October 8, 2012
A few days ago, Brad did something amazing. I was watching Kalen, Brad, and Sariyah (my great niece). Kalen was hungry and I had to put Sariyah down. Sariyah was not happy. While I was feeding Kalen, I noticed Sariyah stopped crying. Turned around and looked—Brad had picked up her bottle and started feeding her. It was amazing. Brad never shown any interest in her before, but he helped me out tremendously that day. He didn’t feed her long, but it was enough to calm her down.

Fast forward till today. I got up early. I started cooking and cleaning the kitchen. Come upstairs to rest. It was 3:30 pm. I had been downstairs since like 10 am. Keep in mind, I am washing my sheets, blankets, pillows, and mattress pads. Brad been acting sick all day. He did not eat his lunch. He took a nap before noon and slept for a few hours. We are all upstairs and he signals to me that he has a headache. Headaches means throwing up. Headaches means constant showers. Headaches mean throwing up. He threw up all over my mattress pad , I just put on my bed. He threw up on the mattress. He got this mess on the walls, box springs, and floor. While he is throwing up, the power in the room goes completely out. Now I have to clean up the puke, in addition to trying to fix the power. I got the bed cleaned up, put the mattress pad in the washer again, got the power back on. Brad took another nap. Got up and threw up in my bed again, in a completely new spot. Cleaned that spot up. Went downstairs to cook dinner. Brad eventually wakes up, comes downstairs, sees me cooking, grabs a pillow from the laundry basket, and lays in the middle of the kitchen floor. Oh yeah, he don’t feel good. He has not taken any meds today. No Rispercrap, ,melatonin, or clonindine. I’m so glad I did not give him his meds, otherwise, that would be on my wall too. Now, the bed is clean and made. All the mattress pads, sheets, pillows, are back on the bed. He still has not ate yet, but his demeanor is a lot better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. Thank you. Stacie